Category Archives: Community

An Introduction to Main Street

I am a big fan of Main Streets, as I am sure many of you reading this are.  Supporting local business is a wonderful thing, and I like going to a place where I either know the person who is … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Main Street, Place, Planning | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

9-year-old surpasses $1,000 goal for Detroit lemonade stand

A touching story on how young people can make a difference in their communities. How can we everywhere inspire our children (and adults) to care about the places where they live?

Posted in Community, Newsworthy | Tagged , | Leave a comment

State Fairs and Community

Starting to settle back in to life in Rhode Island, so I wanted to finally get back to writing about my experience at the State Fair in Ohio.  State Fairs create all sorts of different communities that come together and … Continue reading

Posted in Community | Tagged , , , | 2 Comments

State Fairs and Community, a Preview

Today I went to the Ohio State Fair. I had such a good time and I have a post in the works, but today I thought I would give you a picture preview and save the written post for tomorrow.

Posted in Community | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Civil War Gravestone Dedication and Memorial Service

Today I attended a lovely ceremony at Green Lawn Cemetery in Columbus, Ohio for a Civil War Gravestone Dedication and Memorial Service.  It was complete with a color guard, Civil War reenactors, and a volley salute.  The weather was perfect … Continue reading

Posted in Cemetery, Community, Newsworthy | Tagged , , , , , , | 3 Comments