This post is the seventh in my Place Bucket List series inspired by Adventures in Preservation, which asked readers what buildings were on our bucket lists.
*Note: The regions I have given these states in this and upcoming posts are how I have come to rationalize them for this purpose (and to prevent any one post from being too long), not necessarily how these regions are defined by any government entity.
- Mount Rainier National Park
- Crater Lake National Park
- A prune ranch
- National Historic Oregon Trail Interpretive Center
- Tamastslikt Cultural Institute
- Cannery Row
- San Diego
- Yosemite National Park
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Pearl Harbor
- National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, Punchbowl
- Kaunolu Village
- Hawaii overall (after all, it is Hawaii)
- Mt. McKinley
- Crow Creek Mine
- Sitka National Historical Park
Think I missed something? Let me know. I feel like Washington and Alaska are lacking, but I don’t know enough about them to add more.