This post is the sixth in my Place Bucket List series inspired by Adventures in Preservation, which asked readers what buildings were on our bucket lists. I’ll admit, I know little about this area too. When I list cities, it’s usually because there are numerous sites within the city that I want to see.
*Note: The regions I have given these states in this and upcoming posts are how I have come to rationalize them for this purpose (and to prevent any one post from being too long), not necessarily how these regions are defined by any government entity.
- The Alamo
- Johnson Space Center
- Natural Bridge Caverns
- San Jacinto Monument and Museum
- Little Rock
- Crater of Diamonds State Park
- Toltec Mounds Archaeological State Park
- Devil’s Den State Park
- New Orleans
- Baton Rouge
- Vermilionville Living History Museum and Folklife Park
- Vicksburg National Military Park
- Shiloh National Military Park
- US Space and Rocket Center
- Old Cahawba
Like I wrote at the beginning of this post, I don’t know a lot about this region, so let me know if there is something that I should add to this list.