This post is the fourth in my Place Bucket List series inspired by Adventures in Preservation, which asked readers what buildings were on our bucket lists.
*Note: The regions I have given these states in this and upcoming posts are how I have come to rationalize them for this purpose (and to prevent any one post from being too long), not necessarily how these regions are defined by any government or tourism entity.
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Monument Valley
- Saguaro National Park
- Any of the many Pueblos (both ruins and those still intact, perhaps Walnut Canyon National Monument) *Thanks, AiP for reminding me that there are still habitable Pueblos today, and The History Tourist for suggesting Walnut Canyon*
- Taliesin West *Thanks, Robert, for the suggestion!*
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park
- Chaco Canyon National Historic Park
- White Sands National Monument
- Santa Fe
- Best Friends Animal Sanctuary
- Park City
- Dinosaur National Monument
- Bryce Canyon National Park
- Arches National Park
- Zion National Park
- Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple
- Las Vegas
- A Ghost Town
- Death Valley (Mostly in California, but the Nevada side has a great tour offering-haven’t made my CA list yet, so I can’t say what that side offers.)
- Ward Charcoal Ovens State Historic Park
- Great Basin National Park
Think I missed something? Let me know!