This post is the third in my Place Bucket List series inspired by Adventures in Preservation, which asked readers what buildings were on our bucket lists.
*Note: The regions I have given these states in this, previous, and upcoming posts are how I have come to rationalize them for this purpose (and to prevent any one post from being too long), not necessarily how these regions are defined by any government entity.
*Note #2: I’ve updated the Middle Atlantic post to reflect suggestions I received and to add a place I forgot but definitely want to go to.
- The Biltmore
- Roanoke Island
- Cupola House
- Tryon Palace
- Old Salem
- Drayton Hall
- Governor’s Mansion
- Okefenokee Swamp Park
- Roosevelt’s Little White House
- Atlanta History Center
- Universal Studios
- Louisville Slugger Museum
- Churchill Downs
- The International Bluegrass Music Museum
- Daniel Boone’s Grave
- The various Lincoln sites
- What else, Bricks + Mortar?
- Nashville (Including Grand Ole Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum)
- Knoxville (Including Graceland)
- Bell Witch Cave
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Feel like I missed something? Let me know!